ULAM is a network of grassroots women organisations across Latin America who are defending the environment and their human rights against the extractive industry. A principle aim of ULAM is ‘to ensure that governments and corporations uphold women’s rights to participate in and challenge mining policies/practices.”
urther aims are to
- Position the Network as a regional platform where, collectively, activists will be able to
- learn about their rights and feel safe to participate in development decisions,
- produce a nurturing environment for the exchange of experiences and a wider understanding of global mining issues.
- Build their capacity to participate in issues of development.
- Influence all stakeholders.
- Generate research that facilitates the development of a gender-orientated perspective on mining, grounded in women’s experiences.
- Contact Person: – Daniel Rowe
- Site: www.redulam.org
- e-mail Address: email@example.com
- Phone Number (including country code): +51 986454452
- Facebook Page: ??Oficina-Ulam
- Twitter Account/Handle: @REDULAM
- Skype Name: ??Oficina-ULAM
Important links to resources