What data do we collect?
LAB collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address)
- *Further contact information (postal address, phone number, etc.)
- *Interests and preferences (occupation, skill, interest in particular countries or topics)
- *Payment history for publications and goods ordered, membership and paid subscription
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide LAB with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online as a subscriber or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our comment forms or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
LAB may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Practical Action Publishing, Monthly Review Press, Zed Books or other publishers with whom we have a co-publishing agreement.
How will we use your data?
LAB collects your data so that we can:
- Keep you informed via our newsletter and other email campaigns
- Process your order, manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Invite you to events and meetings which we believe to be of interest to you
LAB will not share your data with any other organizations other than co-publishers of books.
What are your data protection rights?
LAB would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request LAB for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that LAB correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request LAB to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that LAB erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that LAB restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to LAB’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that LAB transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us: Latin America Bureau, Enfield House, Castle Street, Clun, SY7 8JU
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Collecting information on how our website is used, which pages are popular, etc., for processing (usually via Google Analytics)
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – LAB uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – LAB uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Latin America Bureau, Enfield House, Castle Street, Clun, SY7 8JU
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that LAB has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.